Aqua Splint Concept
A new splint for simplified diagnosis and effective therapy of TMD.
Temporomandibular dysfunction (TMD) is a multifactorial disorder. Malocclusion is not necessarily the main factor. Rather, psychological factors, stress, trauma, but also connective tissue weakness, cervical syndrome, and hormonal factors alone or combined often play a major role.
The newly developed Aqua Splint enables fast and simple differential diagnosis of TMD and provides uncomplicated and effective therapy.
Aqua Splint is the only self-adjusting splint that, without impressions or bite registration, can be immediately and individually adapted and applied. The resulting quick help, pain relief and muscle relaxation without grinding and contouring of the splint, have produced excellent clinical results and doctor and patient satisfaction.
The new Aqua Splint concept greatly simplifies the complex topic of TMD.
It also enables colleagues (even if not specialized for TMD) with moderate time and financial expenditure to conduct an accurate diagnosis and effective therapy in their day-to-day routine.
This course demonstrates the diagnostics and therapy in practical steps supported by treated cases and scientific evidence.
- Fast initial diagnostic of TMD using manual functional diagnosis
- Simplified differential diagnosis of TMD using the Aqua Splint
- Treatment rules
- The clicking phenomenon:
Consequence of malocclusion? Therapy necessary?
- Indication, use and management of the Aqua Splint (with demonstration)
- Manual / physiotherapy exercises as accompaning therapy
- What comes after the splint?
Is occlusal rehabilitation an absolute must?
- Preprosthetic / preorthodontic bite determination using the Aqua Splint
- Avoiding iatrogenic TMD during dental / orthodontic treatment
- When are imagine techniques (MRT / CT / DVT etc.) indicated?
- Contraindication, failure, relapse.
- Current forensic and financial aspects
Target group: Dentists, Orthodontists, Oral surgeons, Physiotherapists
The SUS² (Sabbagh Universal Spring)
A intermaxilarry fixed telescope appliance with integrated spring.
n contrast to the Herbst appliance, the SUS² offers a better alternative to con- ventional treatment by a universal size and an easy, quick handling and activation for patients with:
- Failing compliance
- Cl II with sparse residual growth
- UnilateralCl II
- Non-surgical bite jumping in adults
- TMJ dysfunction /sleep apnea
Even in adults there is a possibility to avoid head gear use, extractions, or surgical bite correction.
Furthermore with the combined use of SUS² and Miniscrews (Tomas Pin) extensive orthodontic corrections can be performed especially within preprosthetic treatments.
The basic principles of functional mandible advancement (Bite jumping), its indications and restrictions, and the dento-alveolar and skeletal effects are demonstrated in detail presenting practice-oriented treatment cases, and substantiated by scientific evidence. In the practical section, the steps of appliance insertion and activation are practised, and issues of retention and trouble shooting are discussed.
Target group: Orthodontists, Postgraduate Assistants
Trouble Shooting – Problem management in orthodontics
The goal of this course is to demonstrate new and approved tipps and tricks of modern orthodontics and to show it’s possibilities and limits. Diagnosis and therapy are explained with theoretical basics and treatment cases. Special focus is put on the teamwork of different disciplines like paradontology and dysgnathic surgery and on the consideration of the TMJ.
Anchoring: Management and solutions for difficult anchoring-situations (using Pins, SUS2). Tipps and tricks for easy handling of mini-implants (Anchoring-Pins).
Non-compliance: Management and solutions for patients with bad cooperation / oral hygiene.
- Prevention and management of complications within dysgnathic surgery
- Progressive bite jumping with the SUS²– Apparatus to avoid dysgnathic surgery in moderate cases.
TMJ: Prevention and management of TMD in orthodontics (Aqua Splint Concept).
Aesthetics: Overcoming of treatment-obstacles in aesthetic aspects. Especially with adults and with the help of Invisalign/ Essix, Linguabrackets, Ceramicbrackets, Tomas-pin / SUS² (head gear replacement).
- Up to date – Information about new materials, brackets (especially self-ligating brackets as well as new techniques of modern orthodontics)
- Recommendation concerning root resorption, traumatic frontal tooth loss, multiple aplasia and premature molars-loss, teeth ankylosis
- Indirect bonding, a simplified and quick method (especially for patients with hypersalivation or ADHD)
Relapse: Tipps and tricks to avoid and treat relapse.
Target group: Orthodontists